Where to Find Help
This section of our website is designed to be a resource for anyone in our Community; we will use it to provide information and advice. Please see the links below for more information.
Family and Relationships
- Care for the Family - a great organisation seeking to support families: they provide help and advice on parenting, relationships and bereavement.
- Kids Can Achieve - support for children with learning disabilities and their families
- Woodlarks Camps - Woodlarks was
established in 1930 and ever since has provided accessible camping for people
with all kind of disabilities. Children and adults alike come to Woodlarks to
experience new things, and leave often having exceeded their own expectations. Here people discover unknown skills and abilities, have adventures and make new
friends in an environment designed to meet their individual needs.
Relief of Poverty and Homelessness
- Christians Against Poverty who can help you find work, get out of debt, live on a budget and overcome addictions.
- Harrow Food Bank has centres for redeeming vouchers at Holy Trinity Church, Wealdstone and Rayners Lane Baptist Church.
- Firm Foundation provide shelter and housing for the homeless locally.
- Contact Harrow Council's Rough Sleeper Initiative if you come across someone sleeping rough who may need help, or contact StreetLink 24/7 via their app, website, or helpline 0300 500 0914. You can also call Harrow's Homelessness Prevention and Solutions team on 020 8424 1093 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- Harrow Churches Housing Association specialise in providing high quality lifetime homes for older people and in offering much needed affordable housing for others when opportunities arise.
Advice on health and social care
- Mind & Soul Foundation was set up because our faith and our emotions are often kept separate. Mental health is rarely discussed in churches and Christian Spirituality is seen as having little to offer the world of psychology. The Mind and Soul Foundation has a leadership that includes a priest, a psychologist and a psychiatrist, and seeks to educate, equip and encourage both churches and individuals seeking help.
- First Aid Guide for anyone
- Silverlinks have helpful information about how to live with different conditions common in older people.
Overcoming Discrimination and Victim Support
- Galop - A national charity providing advice and support to members of the LGBT community.
- Inclusion London -A charity promoting equality for London’s Deaf and Disabled people.
- Stop Hate UK - An independent charity that operates a free 24hr phone service for victims and witnesses.
- Tell MAMA - A national project supporting victims of anti-Muslim hate and monitoring anti-Muslim incidents.
- Harrow Citizens Advice for all kinds of legal help including with work, debt and money, housing, legal matters, family issues, immigration and health.
Please also see our Safeguarding page for contact details of our own safeguarding officer and for other organisations.